Ikorodu Oga Development Association (IKODASS), from the onset, has not or never stop with new improvement and development initiatives for its people and community. The new ikodass chairman and his executives have just put to history another development for the benefit of the people of Ikorodu. On this day 4th of June 2021, the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) for the execution of the annual Ikorodu Food festival was signed between Ikorodu Tourism ltd chaired by Ogunsanmi Morufu Hassan in partnership with ikorodu development association (IKODASS) under the leadership of Mr Rotimi Erogbogbo.
The agreement which will be for the period of five (5) years is set to achieve some of the following
- A Work together to mainstream Ikorodu indigenous foods into global cuisine.
- Merge IKODASS’ Food Festival and Ikorodu Tourism’s Ikorodu Chef Competition into a single cooking competition among secondary schools in Ikorodu which grand finale shall be part of Oga Festival celebrations.
- IKODASS will provide resource persons to train secondary school participants in the preparation of Ikorodu indigenous foods.
- A food cooking competition will be executed.
- To source relevant festivals for Team Ikorodu to take part in.
- To form a formidable team for human capital development in Ikorodu especially youth empowerment but not to set aside Ikorodu Tourism when the project commences
And many more
The food festival goes with the training of participants from secondary school in Ikorodu (private and public respectively). According to the Organisers, training will take 5days before the grand finale on October 16 (world food day) for this year’s edition.
The Grand finale entails a cooking competition amongst participants and the best five will be selected for team Ikorodu to represent and export Ikorodu food to Rwanda this year.
“We are of the strong opinion that this event will enhance human capital development across Ikorodu Division especially in the culinary industry and protect our food from extinction. Ikorodu cuisine will compete favorably with the intercontinental dish” Ogunsanmi Morufu Hassan (Chairman Ikorodu Tourism)